- Understanding what SXTA members want on Treaty lands
- Seeking input from community about what they want to see created on Treaty lands
- Identify areas of priority that community members feel as being critical
- Building off land selection projects and economic development (wealth and employment) for communities
What does planning include?
It is based on the Sto:lo perspective and world view. It includes:
- cultural use
- traditional and current land-use
- planning for future generations
- residential, commercial, industrial, housing, parks and playspaces, job development
- designing for environment, people, and long-lasting use
What is land-use planning?
- Identifying needs of the community that create development on the lands
- Takes into consideration our future, culture and environment
- Makes sure that development works together, for example not building a factory by a school or busy road by a park
What are the different land uses in planning?
Let's introduce some characters that will help discuss this:
- parks, trails, recreation and play spaces, growing food, raising animals for food, keeping things green
- stores, restaurants, paint shops, creating jobs, making money
- forestry, lumber mills, gravel pits, creating jobs, making money
- schools, universities, government, courts
- tradition, long houses, fishing, hunting
- houses, apartments, townhouses
Pick the top 3 land uses that are important to you:
Rank what is most important to you:
How important to you are the following?